The Symington Corsetry Collection

Posted by on Friday 8 May 2009

One of my second year projects is to write an essay on the history of the corset so i decided to start by going to see the Symington corsetry collection at Snibston Discovery Park in Coalville, Leicester. The day started off as a complete disaster as we got off at the wrong bus stop and ended up completely lost, to make matters worse it then started pouring hard, we called about 4 different taxi services to come get us but they were all busy. I finally managed to get a cab and 2 hours after leaving home we arrived. The fashion gallery and corset collection was pretty impressive and definately worth a visit if you are interested in fashion at all and theres plenty to do for all ages. 
Here are some of the photos i took:








4 Comments

  1. looks like a fantastic collection! i'm glad it made up for all the rain, getting lost, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a gd selection of pics, I 'm sure that they will inspire you greatly :)

    btw, thanks for following my blog!
    agnes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facinating History I'm sure...almost an art form I think... ~XO*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The history of corsets and lingerie is amazing, how couldn't it be when the female form is in fact amazing!
    I love these pics.
    Thank you for peeking at my blog, please stop by anytime and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search