Biondi Couture placement

Posted by on Tuesday 21 September 2010



As a lot of you know i am still a student at De Montfort University studying Contour Fashion - just about to start my final year! Part of the course was to get a work placement over the summer. I manages to get a months placement at Biondi couture on old church street, Chelsea (a few doors away from the Manolo Blahnik shop).

I was a bit nervous about the placement and wasn't sure what to expect of what kind of jobs i would have to do but i really enjoyed my time there. Although the commuting sucked and there were times when there wasnt a lot for me to do i got a lot out of my placement and left feeling really inspired.

Not ony does biondi stock some lovely swimwear brands, they also offer a bespoke service to create your a perfectly fitting costume or bikini to your taste and requirements. During my placement i got to help out on the shop floor as well as help out with the sewing, make alterations to swimsuits, and work on line sheets for Biondi's mens swimwear range. I also got to sit in on a buyer meeting with la perla and made my own reservable bikini.

I get to design and make both lingerie and swimwear on my course but have always found swimwear more difficult and always struggle to find stuff that i like, working at biondi opened my eyes to a lot of brands that i had never heard of such as Karla Colletto. 

The following images are from the Karla Colletto website which i would seriously recommend checking out, they soing some of the nicest swimwear i have seen in a very long time and im sure you will be equally impressed, the swimwear is quite pricey but when it makes you look that good i would say its soooo worth it!




I adore these swimsuits, they are modern enough for younger women to wear too and give great support and coverage whilst still looking very fashionable and on trend.

x

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search